NEW MUSIC EVERY WEEK !!!

Right now I am bowled over by the new David Guetta song - Wild Ones...lets see if I can find a way to post it here...
If there's anything else you'd like to let me know my email ID is - ruru2118@gmail.com
- Ruchelle.

EYES OF FIRE...

EYES OF FIRE...

RUCHELLE HERE!!!

Hey everyone! This is Ruchelle and ofcourse this is not my real name but i think the monicker is good enough. Because it was my French sir who called me this. Why? Dont ask me! So basically, am this fun-loving gal...who likes to have an interesting life, which is often contested by parents...anyways! Am a joint fan of Biotech as well as Arts stuff like performing(dance or singing-only Western songs-if you wanna hear me in tune!) or fine arts(dress designing, sketching, painting, blah blah blah!!!) So enough about me...i hand over to Michelle!

MICHELLE HERE!!

lolz ppl!!
And this thing here..is a joke or not i'm not sure!!! u tell me... just kiddin'!
I love my life and actually dont kno wat i'm doing here!!
Newayz...
Life is good...
:)

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

February 2011 to May 2011 - The Big Transition Part II

Still coping with the cold. What was not helping were the comments from locals telling me that this was the worst winter ever in Calgary after many years and that its not always like this.

Along with the cold, the other challenge was the project I was entrusted with. It involved developing an entirely new protocol based on a technology I had heard about only by reading books. If you asked me, it sounded like fairy tales when I had read the theory & principle of it back in India. The feeling of developing something new based on what you thought of as fairy tales was entirely something else and needless to say an amazing learning experience !

On the social front, I made friends, not as many as I'd liked to, but atleast I had one friend, Taruna, who I know I will always have no matter what :-) She is now in the same department as me and I see her at work everyday !

We went to trips organized by CISSA - West Edmonton Mall, Drumheller and a tour of the city of Calgary. I will never forget the Calgary tour. Specifically, I will never forget that walk from Peter's Drive-In to the CISSA bus in -25C. Me & my friend partially lost our way from Peter's and it took us half an hour to locate our bus. What my palms & fingers went through during that half an hour cannot be forgotten and whats even more unforgettable is the thawing experience. I have been kinder to my "baby cells" in the lab ever since!

I had a good time and my first glass of red & white wine at the end of April in the Biochemistry Department Advance in Banff. Had my first glimpse of the Canadian Rockies. They were so majestic and beautiful :-)

And then it was spring time in May. The temperatures were soaring and this encouraged me & Taruna to venture out into the city by ourselves. In this way, we went to Prince's Island Park (I kept thinking the name was Prince Edward Island Park...too much Twilight influence?), watched many movies together in the cinema as well as at our rooms (Paranormal Activity 1 & 2 being the notable ones :-D ), went to Kensington by the riverside and visiting many more little parks around campus reveling in the beauty of spring flowers.

No comments: